30051 Bunny Hollow Dr. Charming Walkout Bungalow situated on 5.93 acres of serenity! LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! This rare, one of a kind home
WHAT TO DO WITH AN UNFINISHED BASEMENT
Dated: November 4 2020
Although currently dimly lit and a little rough on the eyes, your unfinished basement still has a lot of potential. With just a little love and the help of the following 5 ideas, you can spice it up in no time and get some great use out of the space.
- Add a pop of colour. Give your basement a whole different look without a big renovation by adding some colour to space. Consider painting and sealing the floors, opening up the room by painting the rafters white or a light colour, or creating a bold accent wall.
- Divide the space. Want to make your basement a multi-use room? Partition out the area by installing an inexpensive curtain system. This can be done either with a curtain track or a simple wire, some hooks, and curtains will suffice.
- Add foam mats. Whether you’d like to use the basement as a home gym to get a quick workout in or a place for the kids to play and rough house, adding some foam mats into the mix is a great and easy solution. They come in various colours and can quickly be picked up and tucked away if need be.
- Use a large rug. As an alternative to adding mats, find a large, eye-catching rug to be used as a focal point, and furnish the area around it.
- Add lighting. Basements often offer very little built-in lighting and few outlets around the room. Consider stringing café lighting across space from the rafters to give a nice ambiance and glow without any difficult electrical work.
Kevin Gouveia has had a passion for real estate all his life and couldn’t love what he does more. Having lived in many places across the United States and Canada, he has grown to love the city of Ca....